Friday, August 24, 2012

And then you get a quick update

Wow - I know I said a week in my last post, but it has now been two and a half weeks since we started moving on this reconstruction! And let me tell you, it's been a crazy ride with no apparent end in sight at this point.

And the ceilings start go go up!


We moved back home a week ago today with no way to heat food, no furniture, one bathroom that is fully functional (one lost it's light fixture temporarily, and the other is a temporary storage site for our clothing and linens), and only our bedroom to "live" in! It's been a journey, that's for sure. Interesting. Amusing. But not fun!

Thursday's task: Vacuuming drywall dust.

Paul ended up having to go to school for a month for his Rig Technician, so the weekdays are all about what I can get done on my own. So far that has included: drywall cleanup, vacuuming, and today's job will be painting! Finally, a reason to get messy :)

I have a few layouts and scrapbooking things to share, but the camera hasn't surfaced yet - which is just as well because all the layouts are in boxes somewhere anyhow! Hopefully soon. For now though, head over to Treasured Memories' Inspiration Blog and check out some layouts I made for them earlier in the month. Click here for the Inspiration Blog!

Treasured Memories is a local scrapbook store that is located about five minutes from my house! Paul physically groaned when he realized we bought a house within walking distance of a scrapbook store :)

So go check out what I've been up to! And hopefully soon I'll be back with an actual scrapbook related post! :)

4 comments:

  1. wow sounds like you have a lot on your hands, good luck with it all and i hope it comes together really soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...good luck with your remodel, sounds like a lot on your plate right now! Can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your pages when I was at Treasured Memories, love how you did that argyle background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I'm not gonna lie - the background was pretty easy - I used my cameo and just cut an extra set of cuts so I could get it lined up ;)
      I'm a big fan of your pages and totally did not realize that we live in the same city! Crazy!!!

      Delete